Monday, February 3, 2014

Inspiration Station: Ode to Taracotta7

Hello, everyone! Aurelie here with you on this first day of the work week - what are you up to? Any time reserved to get some scrapping done? I sure hope to scrap this week! So much to scrap, so little time... ;) Hopefully, today's post will get your creative juices going. Yes, as promised, today is the first installment of Let's Capture Our Memories' Inspiration Station - a weekly reveal to show you how we are inspired and what we create when inspiration sets in.

I love to browse through blogs and galleries. There are SO many AMAZING scrapbookers out there, all over the world, creating fabulous projects! Blogging and gallery-sharing have made it possible to find artists that we would never have known about otherwise. Even if I always do love to find a new scrapper who brings something new to the plate, I really do often gravitate towards the same scrapbookers as I instantly recognize their style, if not their loved ones! ;) One of these scrappers is Tara (AKA Taracotta7). I have been following her for the longest time - I love her style! Her creations often put the story behind the photo first with lots of journaling and her way of layering elements is truly out of this world. And that's what's so ironic - she is a digital scrapper and I am NOT! However, what draws me most to her designs is those clean digital lines. So, with all of this in mind, it is only fitting that I showcase one of her very own all-time favorite layouts as my first inspiration piece.



Don't you just L-O-V-E that layering and her great mix of patterned papers? So timeless. Here is my ode to Taracotta7:


Yes, that's right. I flipped the design to its left and went on from there. Using lots of My Mind's Eye's Collectable Memorable collection and the Tim Holtz Splatters Stencil, I followed Tara's layering pretty much down to the last piece. However, I spread the journaling out a bit using stickers that came with the collection. I also dashed some Studio Calico wood veneer hearts and DMC floss with my always present Bazzill Basics stitching template. I also used some Crate Paper and BoBunny patterned paper and a Crafter's Workshop Ronda Palazzari Designs stencil. That "e" you see is a piece of Close to My Heart chipboard covered with patterned paper - something I hadn't done is a long time. The title sticker? From Jillibean Soup - love it to bits! Oh! And I have to confess: that date sticker you see is actually hiding a stenciling mishap! There are no errors in scrapbooking, just loads of opportunities!! Oh! And that sweet picture? My sweet Éloïse in her father's arms, taken by Philippe Dumas. Love it!

There you go! Thanks Tara for inspiring me throughout the years! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next! ;) 

And what about you? Love what you see? Head on over to the LCOM store to find most of the products used today.

Please join us again on Thursday when Jocelyne Roy will be using a very popular scrappy product in a brand-new kind of way. It'll all be about the product shuffle... Stay tuned!

Happy scrapping!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Thank you so much for spotlighting me! I am honored! I love how we can all inspire each other no matter what tools we use. I often go to paper scrapping galleries for inspiration. I did paper for many years and still love it!

Michelle said...

This is stunning Aurelie!!

Gisèle said...

Fantastic stunning LO :)

Marci said...

WOAH---WONDERFUL job with that inspiration!>..I should have looked AFTER I did mine! LOLOLOL!!!...You are very talented...love this blog too...just learned how to do a basic one!...glad I was directed your way!!!!